Friday, August 15, 2014

Explore!


explore
ɪkˈsplɔː,ɛk-/
verb
  1. 1.
    travel through (an unfamiliar area) in order to learn about it.
    "he explored the Fontainebleau forest"
    synonyms:travel over, tourtraverse, range over; More
  2. 2.
    inquire into or discuss (a subject) in detail.
    "he sets out to explore fundamental questions"

Exploring means to venture from the known to the unknown.

I have always been introverted and that has always meant being conservative. I am okay being alone. I would rather stay indoors playing some instrument or drawing than play football with my mates. I didn't see the need to venture out, to explore.

Of recent though, I hve been more open to new experiences, to meeting new people, to discovering the world out there. It has been eye-opening for me. I have discovered new things.

Looking back my lack of adventure had to do with irrational fear. A fear of embarrassing myself, a fear of failure. It had it roots in being too comfortable in my comfort zone.

But exploring is essential. If you want to grow, to mature you cant do without exploring. There is a lot to learn when you expose yourself to other ideas and cultures. Explore today!

No comments:

Post a Comment